Just a reminder that Jarrod will be at YCF today during Open gym and available to review last Saturday's Nutrition Meeting stuff and also answer any questions. Stop by at 12:00-12:30 to catch up.
Next assignment for those tracking macros:
Food prep one nutritious meal that you use to replace one of your regular meals. Here's an example:
1 meal consists of the following:
- 6 oz. chicken breast
- 1.5 TBS of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 Cup cooked brown rice
- 1 Cup of baked brussels sprouts and cauliflower
- 2 tsp of sriracha to taste (add when eating)
- 1/4 TBS of coconut oil
Shopping List for 5 meals:
- Approx. 2.5 lbs of chicken breast
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bag of brown rice (will have extra)
- Brussels sprouts cut in half to fill up half a cookie sheet
- Cauliflower pieces to fill up half a cookie sheet
- Sriracha sauce (with the rooster on the bottle...asian food section)
- 16 oz. of chicken stock (optional for cooking with rice)
- Coconut oil
How to prepare:
- Cut chicken into strips and add to fry pan with 1 TBS of coconut oil (to prevent sticking). Cook chicken until done then add cream of mushroom soup to chicken and remove from heat.
- Cook 1.5 Cups of brown rice following instructions on bag. Substitute chicken stock for water (optional)
- Cut brussels sprouts in half and cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Tightly fill lightly oiled cookie sheet with mixture of both vegetables and add some salt. Bake in the oven at 400F until starting to brown.
- Add measured amounts of each food to storage containers: 6 oz of chicken, 1/2 C. rice, 1 Cup of vegetables.